I get kind of obsessive when it comes to projects. I get something in my head and I have to DO IT. So after the relative success of the angel dolls earlier this week, I started wondering if I could learn a couple of new stitches or redesign the doll shape to make them easier/cuter. The answer is: yes.
It took about two minutes to learn the blanket stitch and while mine don't look perfect, I think the result is better over all.
So here's the new angel:
I didn't have blue, so I gave him a little scroll, which is the typical symbol of Gabriel. S recognized him immediately! So, now I'm all excited and might just have to go to the fabric store to get some felt to make some saint dolls for the girls.... and everyone else, really.
In the mean time, this little guy will eagerly await for my nephew's visit at the end of the month. Can't wait to see you guys!